Tuesday 4 May 2010

Brogues worth waiting for

Joe Casely-Hayford for John Lewis is a collaboration of great British design talent with heritage brands coming together for the high street.

Back in January you might recall that we shared an exclusive first look at Joe Casely-Hayford's collaboration with John Lewis and we followed the launch of the thirty piece capsule collection with great interest in mid March with great consumer interest. Recognised for his innovation and ability to produce definitive future classics, Casely-Hayford's range celebrates the best of British sartorialism through a series of unique collaborations with some of the UK's leading heritage companies. As I excitedly dashed from rail to rail my only problem was deciding which pieces to get and I have to confess that I actually had to leave the store for a few hours before returning with my hard earned cash and my mind made up. Highlights include a tailored wax Barbour jacket (a piece I quickly snapped up for myself), colour block contrast John Smedley knitwear and floral jersey Liberty Art fabric shirts. Shoe fiend that I am, the Pukk leather brogues made by Cheaney captured my imagination the moment I first saw them and my feet have been crying out for a pair ever since. They were however made to wait but the wait is now over...

A beautiful profile.

The shoes were supplied with alternate laces in an eye catching shade of blue. They contrast the tan leather just beautifully and I think these will be my default laces of choice.

If you are unfamiliar with Cheaney, they are classic shoe brand undergoing something of a quiet and assured metamorphosis under the ownership of William and Jonathon Church. Founded in 1886 by two brothers, Joseph and Arthur Cheaney, Cheaney quickly became one of the premier shoemakers of England. It is their ability to blend the past with the future, using the finest materials available, which has enabled Cheaney to become one of the premier producers of Goodyear welted shoes in the world today. For this collaboration they have helped create the hand punched pukk leather brogues...

A closer look at the hand punched Pukk leather toes.

They are something of great beauty and well worth a brief period of foot tapping. These brogues typify why this capsule collection is so exciting: the collaboration of great British design talent with heritage brands coming together for the high street. Over the last twelve months I have developed a passion for shoes, an addiction even. It is just impossible to resist elegant, well fitted leather creations. After meeting shoeists like the chaps at Lodger and of course Mr. Hare I had a feeling that their passion would be contagious and it certainly was. Now I have amassed a collection that I can be truly proud of and these brogues are the final piece of the footwear puzzle... for now atleast.

The final piece of my footwear puzzle...Joe Casely-Hayford for John Lewis Pukk Leather Brogue Shoes

9 comments:

iliketweet said...

They are beauuutiful...

tweet tweet tweet

x

Justin FitzPatrick, The Shoe Snob said...

very very interesting, can't decide how much i like them but i think that as every second goes on they are growing on me more and more. Nice post!

http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.com/

whats-he-wearing.com said...

these are GORGEOUSSSSSSS!!!!
i need to run to john lewis, like now!!!!!

gih said...

I always looking forward to such shoes which are branded and made in leather. A perfect place where our feet are. :-)

Style Salvage Steve said...

Clare: Yes they are! I can't stop looking at them.
The Shoe Snob: I feel for the moment I saw them.
00o00: Did you run to John Lewis? If so I'm looking forward to seeing them on your blog one day soon.

Anonymous said...

These are lovely and the blue laces work really well too in my opinion, giving a nice contrast.

I think I might have to buy a pair of these...

oiroy said...

those shoes are butter. sooo smooth

Thom Graves said...

I'd love it if Marks and Spencer took notice of this collaboration and invited a similar talent to do a capsule collection with them. It could only mean better things for the consumer.

annejkh said...

Brilliant shoes!!! I love the added coloured lace too; nice touch. Great to see people pushing mens shoes in the right direction.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails