Saturday 13 February 2010

NYFW: Tim Hamilton Redux AW10

Tim Hamilton applying the finishing touches to the models of his Aw10 Redux collection.

Very few American designers excite me but as I made my way to Milk Studios last night I was eager to see Tim Hamilton's Redux presentation. Since launching his eponymous collection in AW06, Hamilton has mastered both rugged and polished styles, moved with surprising ease between American and European influenced collections and has managed to create inspired yet wearable clothing for men. His interpretations of classic tailoring and sportswear and an adventurous design approach to colour and fabric have arguably made Hamilton the most exciting menswear to come out of New York for some time. Hamilton's secondary line Redux was first launched in 2007 and was initially based around knitwear and outerwear pieces only. For AW10 it has evolved and gets an official nod with a full presentation during the official schedule. The collection was a compilation of his greatest hits which were seamlessly mixed with functional pieces in interesting fabric combinations.

Hamilton's glowing classics.

The presentation showcased comfortable street wear which was anything but dull. As I raided the bar (what can I say, I was thirsty!), Susie was fortunate enough to grab a few words with Tim for an interview piece for DD and the pair discussed how this secondary line allows greater creative freedom to push the mainline forward. For the designer himself the collection contains "foundation pieces but I've always layered on more conceptual pieces that works with it. So there's this street, New York-meet-London vibe that is layered on top of those foundations." The cocktail of foundation pieces and conceptual ones was no more apparent than in the below, tar covered and texture rich boots. Do I dare experiment in a spot of DIY with a pair of combat boots and a bucket of tar for Aw10? I just might...

Combat boots like I've never seen them before.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Am inspired, such a DIY endeavour could be highly dangerous.

/Male-Mode.com

Anonymous said...

If it's the same treatment as the one he just used on the shoes in Paris, it's a certain type of gum. I'll trawl the transcript for the type - the male collective has to give it ago. Dooo it, Cillian.

Anonymous said...

LOVE!

BISOUS FROM PARIS

Savile Joe said...

Love Tim Hamilton, I saw his work for first time in 2007 and rushed out to get a white button down from his collection, I still have and love it today.
These combat boots are incredible.
Savile Joe

style.dk said...

http://www.style.dk/?p=6065

A closer look at the Tim H showpiece boots..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails