Sunday 30 September 2007

Autumn is a (chilly) breeze

Just a quick update, I've been catching up on all the Project Catwalk's that I've missed - focusing on the first series as it's far better. Anyway, it is the weekend before I go to Paris and I am thinking about my suitcase and what to put in it. Autumn/winter styling is here and this is my favourite time to go shopping. Summer shopping is generally hot, there are crowds of people with body odour and attitude but to top it off the clothes are more often than not a little dull. Now there is a chill in the air, the shop windows look appealing, people are happy to get in the warmth of the shops and the clothes are far more interesting and varied. The weekend has seen me visit COS on Regent Street and be suitably impressed. I've been looking for the right black jeans for some time, wanting something I can wear most days and in different environments but still look right and I found the pair for me, all for £40! To top it off I bought a black and grey plaid shirt and a skinny grey belt. All in all i got the makings of a great outfit for under £100. Great, affordable style! From here I went into Swear on Carnaby Street and was undecided about a pair of shoes which were almost exactly what I wanted but not quite...It was just the pointed toe and the detail that was not quite right.
At the moment the clothes that are getting me excited are a mixture of Burberry Prorsum, Dior Homme and Raf Simons items. I am taking inspiration from Ian Curtis and Christopher Bailey. It is all about chunky cardies, fingerless gloves, patent accessories. I love this time of year...


Here is Bailey (during the a/w 07 collection) playing with menswear proportions, mixing outwewear with knitwear so well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails