Monday 15 November 2010

Hosting Mr Hare at Liberty's


On Friday 26th November, as part of the Liberty’s shoe weekend, Mr. Hare will be holding a Q&A session in the men’s shoe department between 5pm and 7pm. Remarkably, he has asked me to host the evening. *Gulp*. There's no doubt that I will need your moral support so please join us for our fireside chat and cocktails evening. Weighty shoe subjects such as Blake construction in wet climates, the new male sartorialism, shoe styling and the relevance of shoe classicism in a modern world will all be tackled. However, if you have a question for Mr. Hare on shoes or any other subject for that matter please do ask it.

The evening will also feature the first public viewing of the forthcoming SS11 collection ‘Ain’t No App For That’. With this collection, Mr. Hare continues to push and explore the boundaries of footwear with spectacular effect. The collection showcases shapes and materials that I've never come across before (including soft Napas, hard Vachettas, Shrunken Goat, Eel, Salmon and Ostrich shin hides). These style long, nay need to be touched and loved. We might have previewed this lust inducing collection back in September but this event will be the first public unveiling of new styles on the cubist Jopling last as well as news of other work and collaborations scheduled for the near future. If that wasn't reason enough to come down, attendees will be granted the one off opportunity to pre order styles from that collection, from the man himself, at a 15% discount. Below are a few of the many highlights of this collection...

Look book images by Marley Lohr.

So…just to recap. On Friday 26th November there will be shoes, chat, cocktails, fireplace, new stuff, discount, questions, answers, me, Mr. Hare and last but not least, you guys! If for whatever reason you can't make it but are itching to ask a question then please email us at stylesalvage@gmail.com.

13 comments:

Izzy said...

Best of luck, Steve!

Sean Santiago said...

I wish I could go to there. But AFTER I get a job and have real money, not imaginationbuxx. Before that time shoes...are too dangerous.

joy said...

Steve, this is awesome! Can we email in questions?

PS. Wish I could be there. I hope someone takes video footage of the Q&A (Hint Hint Liberty)...

Style Salvage Steve said...

Izzy: Thanks, I need it, ha!
Sean Santiago: Shoes are dangerous! Here's to more money.
Joy: Ooh that's a good idea. Yes please do! Stylesalvage@gmail.com.

Matthew Spade said...

that's mega steve, or should i say, compère salter! that must be really exciting for you matey

suzanne antique lover said...

I love shoes.. wonderful!

Brandon said...

Congrats Steve! And all the best!

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Wow, congrats Steve, how exciting! I'm def going to be there.

Fashion Philosopher said...

Since I am quitting my " awful " day job next week to emerge totally in the fashion world. I need to celebrate. I will join. See you there.

Alex Ingram said...

fresh shoes
tuxandtie.blogspot.com | twitter.com/tuxandtie

Tess said...

These shoes are so handsome.

You'll really love my post today about fashion forward menswear from the 40's


CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

Fashion Philosopher said...

Hi Steve, I just found an amazing designer who is I think not that known in the UK: Umit Benan, a German- Turkish designer. He does really beautiful clothes, very avangarde but still masculine and wearable. Have a look on
www.thephilosophyoffashion.blogspot.
com

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Damn and blast it, I had it down for today :( Luckily Marc put me straight at the LNCC do. So will come down for a bit next week and will then have to 'hare' it (ho ho) down to Covent Garden for Fashion Pioneers, so can you do the interesting bit in the first half please.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails