Thursday 6 March 2008

For Love is Heaven and Heaven is Love (of facial hair)

I had fully intended to do a proper post this evening but when I remembered that one of my favourite films was on tv (and a certain someone still has my dvd of it), I'm afraid that the film took precident.

One good thing that came out of it (apart from me thoroughly enjoying myself... and shedding a few tears, I'm not ashamed!) was that I was reminded of the wonders of Niven's 'tache. So I thought I'd share it with you.

Picture courtesy of The Powell and Pressburger Pages

Genius. Love the tie too.

EDIT: Please read this, it's good.

Niven's facial hair is truly special, hard to pull off but when successful it is my favourite lip accessory! What do you make of Orlando Bloom's effort? I'm unsure about it, I do appreciate his effort though! It would look better though if he addressed his wardrobe...I'm intrigued to hear about any of our readers success/horror stories with their own facial hair, or at the very least men in the media. We should go on a search for the top tache...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to deem Orlando's effort representative of - what we call in Ireland - the "knacker-tache". It's not positive if you haven't noticed.

/DCB.

Style Salvage Steve said...

DCB - I've never come across the term 'knacker-tache' before but I can equate it to some English terms...Have you got any good examples of tache wear?

Thomas said...

Bloom's efforts resemble the lesser versions of my teenaged Asian brethren. We call them faux-staches.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Oh the things kids come up with! Back in the day we used to describe such facial hair as bum fluff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails