Monday 22 September 2008

Finding grey in the sunshine

The close up - Grey suede shoes from bstore, grey socks and navy wool trousers from uniqlo.

The British summer was something of a non entity and just as I was getting exciting about shopping for my autumnal look...the sun came out. The sun was so bright yesterday morning that it woke me up at 8:45, which is crazy early for me at the best of times, but on a Sunday...well that's just madness. It meant that I could enjoy the whole day but rather than reach for my shorts...I mean come on, it is mid September after all...so I reached for different shades of grey.

Grey shirt and suede shoes from bstore, navy trousers and grey socks from uniqlo, Polaroid case bought from unsaleable

Why hello there Stevie!

Looking fly in the greys and blues. However, I have a challenge for you. Browsing your Flickr pics and thinking over your favourite outfits, I have noticed one thinking missing: colour! Other than your bright blue double breasted cardie, I rarely see you in any real amount of full-on (or even slightly muted) colour. I demand some more colourful outfits for autumn, both casual and work-wear. Consider this a challenge.

EJ

8 comments:

j said...

Sweet shoes.

Elizabeth said...

Perfect warm-to-cool weather colors and textures. I love those shoes.

Matthew Spade said...

i have them socks from uniqlo! they had them in every colour didn't they, i also got mustard yellow and dark green.

Style Salvage Steve said...

J - Thanks, I absolutely love these shoes and I almost ruined them before I even got to wear them. I wanted to wear them for the first time whilst on a weekend trip to Paris...I put them straight into a suitcase, not realising that my moisturiser had leaked...it caused a heart crushing stain. I couldn't wear them on holiday and discarded them in my shoe pile. Months later I found them again and the stain had faded. The shoes had been reborn!
enc - Thanks. I really want to play with textures and fabrics this autumn. Expect many posts on this in the coming month or so.
mat ahoy - The Uniqlo socks are great, all colours of the rainbow. I only bought the grey pair and a purple pair. I will go back for more....

Anonymous said...

great shoes.

TheSundayBest said...

Work those cuffs me boy.

Matthew Spade said...

oh and il just add, those shoes are wicked. lucky boy

Style Salvage Steve said...

thesundaybest - I leant the art of cuffing from you my friend. I thank you.
giancinephile and mat ahoy - My shoes are blushing...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails