Monday 8 September 2008

The street is more interesting than the runway

Granted it is early days into the s/s 09 shows but I'm finding it extremely difficult to get excited by what I'm seeing. Similarly to The Sunday Best's early observations my favourite collections thus far include the tour of music style which was Rag&Bone and the romantic looks seen at Robert Geller but I've not been overly impressed or inspired by anything Ive seen on the runway as yet. What has been much more interesting to me is the Sartorialist's blog over at men.style (which if I'm honest is a great deal more to my taste than his recent posts over at his blog proper). Below are a selection of my favourites thus far. I'm sure there will be more to talk about around the street style shots posted here rather than standard fodder displayed on the catwalk.

5 comments:

TheSundayBest said...

In total agreement - what people do with their current wardrobe is consistently more interesting than any single collection. Designers should present their collections coordinated together - now THAT would shake things up.

..... said...

i dont agree totally but it's true that they're some real talented kids out there !

Style Salvage Steve said...

Thesundaybesy - I've often thought that designers should mix it up more in terms of how they show their collections, I can't see them co-ordinating future shows but magazines should certainly give it a shot when they cover the collections.
Mr Style - It is only early days and I'm sure I will be inspired by the upcming shows.

Izzy said...

so true. unless measures are taken, we might be seeing the demise of the institution of the runway!

especially for menswear, I think guys in general respond better to more organic and real looks as seen on the street, as opposed to "created" ones on the runway.

Anonymous said...

hail street fashionista...:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails