Sunday 15 February 2009

Hitting 25...feeling good, feeling spoiled.

Stylish presents for a spoiled, twenty five year old man.

I hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day. Despite the fact that my special one is currently across the Atlantic Ocean covering New York Fashion for Dazed... my day was still special because I hit the quarter of a century mark. Upon hitting this seemingly landmark age, a number of my friends became a little freaked out but after observing them consumed with a heady cocktail of drink mixed with feelings of nerves, excitement and desperation, it was a whole lot simpler for me. Friday evening saw me eat and drink far too much but I fell asleep hitting the big Two Five with a smile on my face and the feeling continued as I shopped, ate the most gorgeous (but sickly) chocolate cake from Maison Bertaux and vegged out in front of the TV with EJ and her aptly named cat, Valentine (we watched The Next Karate Kid). Of course, the best thing about any birthday is the present part (shallow, superficial, me...ha!)....

As Susie escaped to New York on Friday afternoon my birthday shenanigans began a day early and what a way to start proceedings! The present came in a bag decorated with Menswear Show Invites (my favourite being Moschino’s simple cardboard invitation adorned with an etching of dark shades and a protruding, furry moustache) and what was inside truly made me feel spoiled and special. You all know that I love hi tops a little too much but one of the reasons for my love has been the styling of recent Lanvin shows. Top of my footwear lust list has been this pair of Lanvin Hi tops...Susie knows me so well and this is the best present ever! I will be wearing them out for the first time today as I am being taken out to lunch by my sister and her fiance.

On to the day itself and EJ ensured that I had a great day on the present front. First up, a great vintage find and the perfect day bag that I've been searching for for some, the search is over thanks to her! Inside the bag (wrapped in Christmas Penguin paper) was the perfect posing day/night gown which would not look out of place on a relaxed Don Draper reading the morning paper. Whenever I am at home, I'll be donning this robe.

The stylish birthday presents continued with a trip to the shops to spend some of that birthday money which was burning a hole in my pocket. After thoroughly exploring the offerings on the High Street I succumbed to a fitted navy shirt from COS....the shopping will continue once a couple of cheques clear...

I will work my presents into my next batch of outfit shots will be posted later this week. So far being 25 is great!

18 comments:

Izzy said...

Happy Birthday! Those Lanvins are the perfect shade of shiny teal.

Unknown said...

Such sartorial yumminess! Am deeply envious, esp. regarding the Lanvin.

/Male Mode.

RetroVintageModStyle said...

Happy Birthday!

RetroVintageModStyle said...

Happy Birthday!

Matthew Spade said...

Happy belated birthday to you! those hi tops are just the business arent they. i have one pair of kurt geiger blck and white patent hi tops but i always thing i look too young in them, if you get me. that doesn't seen the case with you.

have you checked out the new conceptual range in h&m? seems pretty cool, i got a 3/4 navy silk long cardi in there for £25

Anonymous said...

Wow, somebody was really spoilt. Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Unknown said...

Feeling a little foolish now...completely something important. Happy birfday!

/Male Mode.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Thanks everyone. I've had a lovely birthday weekend and have been truly spoilt.
Mat Ahoy: I ventured inside H&M for the first time in months yesterday but didn't see the conceptual range. I will have to return soon then.

emsie said...

Happy Birthday!

wow, your gifts are amazing

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday dearest Steve, love from all @ fashion156.com . Hope you had a good one........!
Next season perhaps you can go with susie to NY and report for f156? we can get you tickets?! xx but i have a feeling you may be working for a magazine yourself by then!!!

love the hi-tops!

Ca said...

Haha, you lucky guy!

Matthew Spade said...

Yeah Steve you should check it out, it's quite a small range but the cuts/details/fabrics are much better. I saw some of the range in the Regent St store, top floor near the small section. They had really interestingly shaped coats, longer line bright colour shirts, 3/4 cardis, oversized t-shirts ect. Another hint for finding it is the H&M label is dark purple.

Looks like you now have a job at 156!! All your birthdays have came at once.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! those lanvins are to die for ;)

Terence Sambo said...

Happy birthday pal :oD...or belated bday..lol

Anonymous said...

argh happy belated birthday! sorry my birthday wishes came a bit late but it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday nonetheless!

Giancinephile said...

Belated happy birthday, Steve!

It's a very promising thing to turn a quarter of a century with a pair of
Lanvin hi-tops. And, I also loved that quirky Moschino invite...

Songy said...

you lucky b'day boy. 25? you're a chick(en)! (well I meant that in the nicest possible way, you know that right?)

Queen Michelle said...

Happy belated birthday! 25 eh? You are but a pup! Hope you have been enjoying wearing your fab shoes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails