Friday 13 February 2009

Picture Postcard - Dressing in monochrome

Seeing double...The two covers of VMAN's Spring Issue

Dearest EJ

Thanks to the Fashionisto I just can't wait for next weeks trip to Borders where I will happily feed my magazine addiction but before I can, I came across the above images. The cover of the Spring issue of VMAN reminded me of your declaration in yesterday's window shopping outing that you wanted to wear a one colour outfit (with purple of course being your favourite choice from the spectrum). VMAN's cover story is dedicated to the second VMAN/FORD Male Model Search. This time the contest was too tight to call, so it was declared a tie. The result are two covers for VMAN’s spring 2009 issue. Dressed in coral, CJ Hancock wears the latest from Calvin Klein, while Jake Madden wears Givenchy. We should both give monochromatic dressing a try for Spring, I am game if you are (of course we'll choose better colours than the ones above)!

Much love

Steve

6 comments:

Izzy said...

Is the guy in coral wearing a...gasp...jumpsuit suit? I think I'll add that to my "consider having tailor-made" list.

Sublime Hallucinations said...

The Givenchy outfit is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Syed said...

Awesome covers. I would happily wear a monochrome outfit...now to find a bright yellow suit and yellow penny loafers.

Make Do Style said...

I'm looking forward to seeing guys in jumpsuits - top gun any one?

Style Salvage Steve said...

izzydore: It certainly styled to appear like a jumpsuit but i don't think it actually is...I would have remembered a bright coral jumpsuit from their ss09 show if there had been one...surely?
Beatific Fashion: My heart is not strong enough. I'd love to see the putfit in a rich purple though...
Dapper Kid: Assessing my wardrobe this weekend it seems pretty clear that I could currently only wear a monochrome constructed around either grey or navy. I would love to see your bright yellow look!
Make Do Style: I love the idea of men wearing jumpsuits, it is all about the onesie...we would need to address the issue of going to the loo though...

Anonymous said...

I really don't get this image... I would never wear anything like this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails