Friday 26 June 2009

Gaspard Yurkievich's perfect Summer shoe

Firstly, apologies for the lack of posting at the moment, there is just so much to cover from Paris and I have little energy and little time to post so please forgive me and I promise to have a number of highlight posts up over the weekend and beyond. The goings on in Paris have provided a number of interesting points but for now I want to concentrate on Gasapard Yurkievich's vision for SS10 and in particular his choice of footwear. Aside from the cowboy buckle closures and the slightly floppy padded shoulders shoulders I loved the nod to a sporty fifties America and the overall sense of laid back summer elegance.

The highlight looks from this comprehensive collection were those which demonstrated a relaxed summer tailoring as Gaspard Yurkievich sent out sleeveless suit jackets and jumpsuit shorts in pastel colours complimented beautifully by brightly coloured patent brogues. Thankfully Dazed Digital's backstage coverage provides some great close up shots of my ideal Summer brogue which have caused some drooling from me this afternoon.

I always struggle with the perfect shoe choice when the weather gets that bit warmer and I want something a little smarter than a boat. The patent lace up have small cutaways which achieve the perfect balance for a relaxed tailored look which I strive for when the sun shines.

3 comments:

LivesLostInBlack said...

The turquoise and black pair blow my mind.

Lochi Love said...

i love these shoes

Unknown said...

He gets better every season. I'm in work, surrounded by his previous season's stock...it's tough to resist the urge to dress up in everything!

/Male-Mode.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails