Saturday 6 November 2010

Schneider Sense


I have to confess that my little brain tends to overload with the seemingly incessant unveiling of designer look books the moment a new season approaches and unfortunately a few slip right by me. Occasionally, there are even a few designers whose work I admire but for one reason or another they fail to make it on to my radar. Stephan Schneider is one such designer. In 1994 German born Schneider graduated top of his class from Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp and has since established a quiet following. Thankfully, issue three of b magazine firmly reinstates the German born designer on my blogging radar. 


Whenever I've encountered Schneider's designs in b store or in retail outlets across the continent I have noted their good cut and use of stunning fabrics. So, why do I not follow and enthuse over Schneider's every collection? The simple reason is that he is a designer that goes about his business quietly. For the last eight years he has shunned the circus of fashion week, allowing his designs rather than the theatrics of a show to make the required statement. Schneider's collections may not be dramatic but they do contain extraordinary elements. Schneider’s concern is in the detail, attractive to people who want to make less effort when dressing. He designs each fabric himself, while the label has its own production facilities in Belgian factories where pieces are cut by hand and time can be spent on the finest finishing. Schneider is a designer who spends half of his time with the textile and half with the silhouette. Now, I could rattle on but I point you in the direction of Dal Chodha's wonderful designer feature in b magazine. In the meantime, I'd like to share the AW10 look book with you...



Stefan Heinrichs photographs Nine Daughters and a Stereo for Stephan Schneider’s AW10 lookbook.

The collection embraces relaxed tailoring for wardrobe of essentials. A contemporary reinterpretation of classics. Despite a few key items being adorned with fur, it celebrates an understated and timeless appeal. This might be dressing without drama but it is far from dull. As Schneider has found a new follower in me, I leave you with a few words from the wonderfully intriguing designer...

2 comments:

Lee said...

The subtleties really make these pieces. They're simple, classic, and refined.

-Lee
http://beautifuldayfashion.blogspot.com/

Fashion Philosopher said...

Beautiful pieces. This is men's fashion at its finest. The designs are simple with an artful finish of luxury but always just a hint of it... the fur vests under the simple cut jackets and coats- the fake mink collar rising up from a black knitted sweater. I just say: Sublime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails