Monday 1 December 2008

The Style Salvage Advent Calender

Can you believe that we have entered into the busy month of December...where has the year gone? As we have now awoken to the month of giving we wanted to mark the occassion by giving something back to you and what better (and tacky) way than to give each and everyone one of you an advent calender!? Instead of opening up those little jagged edged flaps each day to uncover a piece of stale chocolate-like-substance shaped into something vaguely reminiscent of a reindeer or a christmas tree, we will offer something alot more useful and tasty to you, our esteemed reader. Our aim is to warm you up on these cold December mornings. First up, uncovering box number one...

Under box number one is an image of a Uniqlo branded vending machine...which signifies the UK launch of Uniqlo Heattech. Apparently, one in three people in Japan own a Heat tech garment...so it is certainly a staple over there and the Japanese know a fair deal about practical, good quality clothing so we should certainly take notice! After braving a very busy and slightly depressing (due to the sorry excuse for Christmas lights and the air of desperation exuding the shop fronts) Oxford Street and venturing into the Uniqlo flagship store, it is easy to see why it is so popular. As the mercury falls it is time to layer and these surprisingly sheer garments provide a solid base to create efficient layered style. I'm not one to be fooled by pseudo science (typified by TV advertisements within the hair and beauty industry making up words to confuse and bewilder one and all) but whatever you make of Uniqlo's claims (apparently the fabric absorbs moisture and converts it into heat, whilst with an exciting mix of milk proteins ensures a snug fit) I can assure you that I am wearing pieces of the line now and I am quite toasty. and the fit is indeed snug. As always with Uniqlo, the pieces come in a rainbow of colours. Step aside American Apparel, in 2009 I predict that Uniqlo will completely conquer the retail lansdcape.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me that I need my own advent calender. I've not been to uniqlo for a while but will check it out soon.

Matthew Spade said...

i was considering buy one of the heat tech garments but alas i wasnt sure if they would work or not, your kinda swinging it for me. what did you buy?

TheSundayBest said...

I was about to leave my standard Uniqlo comment but I've given up hope they'll ever open here. I guess they don't like money.

Elizabeth said...

I'd love to be able to shop at Uniqlo.

Style Salvage Steve said...

mat ahoy - From the heattech range I bought a slate grey long sleeve t shirt and a white short sleeve t shirt

TheSundayBest, enc and anyone else unfortunate - As it is Christmas let me offer my services. If you are unable to buy into the wonderful world of Uniqlo I will shop for you and will send a lovely package your way in the true spirit of the season.

Matthew Spade said...

i might take you up on that offer steve as i cant seem to get my sizes on the site!

Anonymous said...

I can also assure ppl that it does work...I could actually feel the heat resonating off my back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails