Saturday 4 December 2010

Advent - Day Four


The moment we decided to open up this festive feature to our favourite menswear personalities we knew we had to ask Carolyn Massey. Regular readers will know how much we have supported this London designer over the years and our love for her and her designs only grows with each season. Here, she reveals what she would like to unwrap on Christmas morning while mentioning the importance of buying your favourite item twice...
__________
CHURCH'S MONKSTRAP BROGUE
Chruch's Liverpool W.
"I've just treated myself to a black pair, but if we are being extravagant (and as a wise man once said, if you find something really perfect, always buy two of 'em) I'd also like a pair in brown too, especially for summer."
__________

On the subject of Massey...we have well and truly entered sample sale season and if you are based in London there are bargains to be had. This weekend Massey is taking part in the Wilkes Street Designer Christmas Sale along with Darkroom, David David and many others...Tis the season to get high on sales...

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Love anything that Church's does! I just inherited all of my Dads old pairs (although they aren't in the best condition right now and need to be 3 of the 4 need to be repaired desperately :/) . A monk strap shoe is really on my long term wish list of things to own, ie when I see a pair I like at a price I'll go for but not quite at a point where I cannot move forward without a pair haha. I love your advent posts Steve they are so much better then the typical blogger Christmas list...

kam said...

I am loving your advent calender so far. Am doing a Dear Santa advent myself, but the Boy at least finds yours interesting, sees mine as the worst hint dropping ever :)

Oh and congrats Steve on the GQ most influential list - well deserved.

kam

www.fashioninfidelity.com

Make Do Style said...

Lovely choice and I still for ever indebted to you ref Uniqlo socks for Mr MDS - hence why GQ nominated you - once again well deserved!!

Matthew Spade said...

another reason to be bored of the norff

Ca said...

Buying your favourite item twice is indeed the best style advice.

Also, I agree with the other comments. Loving your advent calender!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails