Monday 11 April 2011

Ally Capellino AW11

The recent onslaught of AW11 Press Days have left me excited, confused and, if I'm honest, sweaty. There's something quite odd about flicking through rails of knits and thick jackets in rich fabrics in showrooms that feels like they would be the perfect place to grow tomatoes. My head and heart are caught between two seasons. As much as I welcome the warm sunshine and blue skies of today, part of me still longs for Autumn. The recent few peaks in to the future afforded by the press days have pushed me over the edge. The sight of Ally Capellino's latest additions and reworked modern classics made me forget about the heat.

With their roots in decaying industrial buildings and institutions, the colours for Ally Capellino's AW11 collection are shadowy and dark. The much loved waxy group has grown and is especially strong in a WW1 warm khaki colour. Soft olives and browns predominate, but there are rich reds and putty colours to balance the collection. There are new styles in the shape of a parka and handy rucksack in the waxy group and a whole new group, Luxe Wax, dedicated to mac users, with a 17” macbook finally accommodated in a luxurious rucksack. I've already got my eye on a few models but let me introduce you to a few highlights...

AC AW2011_Lookbook_richard
An old favourite of mine, Richard. 
An investment satchel in Italian vegetable tanned leather with contrast bridle leather straps.

AC AW2011_Lookbook_Luxewax
One of the new additions, iGor from the Luxe Wax range.

AC AW2011_Lookbook_jasper
From the Luggage range, meet Jasper. 
Unlined work and travel bags with beautifully stitched pocket detailing.

AC AW2011_Lookbook_rocky
Rocky.

AC AW2011_Lookbook_dave
Meet Dave. A heavy waxed canvas, unlined bag with coated canvas base.

AC AW2011_Lookbook_freddie
Frank and Frances from the Waxy range. 
British waxed cotton canvas in rich autumnal colours with a soft leather base and bridle leather buckled straps.
All look book images courtesy of Ally Capellino

These look book images remind me just why Autumn is my favourite season. I just love those mornings from late September through to early December where you can layer, wrap and protect yourself in an assortment of comfortable and practical fabrics. Wool, tweed, cashmere, waxed cotton and anything else you can get our hands on are all layered on to envelop and comfort you.

4 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

you're always longing for autumn, me too though. i've confused by this weather already. i'm seeing too many shorts.

these are all beauts, like the names they haven given them, makes you feel like they have personality.

Giancinephile said...

Richard would make me forget about a bad day!!!!

So, despite the unlikeliness of things coming your way for as long as I have such a satchel in my hands...

Anonymous said...

I think I need to take my new friends Rocky, Jasper and Richard on a trip!

KC said...

i'm looking for something like the jasper. love the color and the stitches.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails