Saturday 2 April 2011

Picture Postcards from Iceland

I'm currently enjoying a long weekend in Iceland for the second edition of the Reykjavik Fashion Festival. Despite the well known financial meltdown of the country, the creative industries in Iceland have been flourishing and this four day festival seeks to bring these talents together under a single event. This being my first time in Iceland, has seen me spend the last few days wide eyed and open mouthed as I take in the constantly changing beauty of the landscape and weather. In a blink of an eye everything changes but it still remains utterly beautiful. So, before I take a closer look at a few of the creative discoveries I wanted to share a few picture postcards from my trip around the Golden Circle. This must see tourist route saw us whistle past the national park Pingvellir, stop off for a quick photo opportunity at the waterfall Gullfoss and a longer stay at the geothermally active valley of Haukadalur, which contains the geysers Geysir and Strokkur. Stunning sights at every turn...

IMG_8469
IMG_8517
IMG_8489
IMG_8555
IMG_8525
Outfit rundown...Guy Memory jacket by J. Lindeberg, Bracknall shirt and Basil trousers both by b Store, Glenn boots by Grenson and backpack from Ally Capellino.

Over the course of the next few days I'll be taking a closer look at a few designer discoveries with you, until then hope you all have fantastic weekends.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Damn I'm jealous about this trip to Iceland! The colours and landscape are incredibly inspiring I must say! In regards to this I can't wait to see what hidden gems you guys uncover!

joy said...

You guys dress so snazzy to tourist attractions. Shoes and bags are not on my Svpply.com wishlist.

Brandon: we should tots do a "couples" retreat to Iceland! Don't forget oxfords.

Syed said...

Hope you're having fun :) I am loving the look of the ice in that last photograph, reminds me of marble.

Matthew Spade said...

look forward to seeing the rest, i'd love to visit. sterling outfit steve

Gunnar said...

Hope you enjoy my country :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails