Tuesday 12 February 2008

The search for the perfect day bag

Over the last few weeks my consumerist attentions have gone off a number of different directions but the one constant longing has been that of a day bag. I have a number of different bags in my possession but the bulk of them fall in the weekend bag category and are deemed too large for everyday use. I am on the lookout for the perfect, universal everyday bag. Something that allows me enough storage space for my Poloaroid camera, a magazine (I have to carry a magazine at all times), a good book (I really have to get back into the habit of reading literature), my notebook, pen and possibly essential toiletries. I have fallen in love with the below bag from Topman Design but I fear it might fall into weekend bag territory.



I might need some help on this one...If I had the money I would invest it wisely in a bag by Jas M.B. like this one but unfortunately New York has robbed me. A little shopping trip lies in store for me this weekend, I have to put an end to this quest and hopefully a store like Hurwendeki can help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand your lack of fund shopping woes, i have the same problem :(

I am a bag addict, more then a shoes addict, bags are my ultimate addiction and that cream bag in this post is gorgeous :)

Thomas said...

Ah, the perfect bag. Why I have 12 bags in my closet, all of slightly varying sizes.

I thought I had found the perfect bag in my Freitag, but, as you rightly point out, a proper day bag should hold a magazine. The problem with the bag you picture is it looks like it would get annoying to carry - I like to have my hands free.

I've had so many messenger bags I've lost count, but all of them left me wanting in some way. I think I might just have to suck it up and go leather.

Of course, I still want a weekend bag.

Anonymous said...

I reckon this bag is perfectly acceptable if you don't - as Thom has mentioned above - become irritated by its rather large size.

I have yet to find the satisfactory medium between messenger and weekend bag. I did buy a blue and yellow leather Puma one in NY though, back in the neon-laden days of SS07.

/DCB.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails