Friday 22 February 2008

Walks to school



Oh I do like the recent collaboration between Raf Simons and Eastpak but am put off to the crazy high price (£279 - for a backpack? Seriously...they are cool but come on!). I really want to try it on and wander around London for a day, I know I will be transported to those hazy Summer days back in the early 90's. Picture me, slightly podgy - it was puppy fat and of course I looked damn cute - walking to school wearing my white polo shirt, grey short shorts and grey socks, Ninja Turtle lunchbox in hand and carrying a backpack which went down to my ankles. This collaboration could make those memories real again! If you want to be transported back to your childhood and have a wallet full of cash they are available at Oki Ni.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh ,I think bookbags are ugly.I find messenger bags way more practical and they look much better.

j said...

Really, you could buy some serious expedition gear for that price.

Anonymous said...

Your old school uniform sounds a good deal better than mine!

About the collaboration, I like it, I think if one buys they certainly get something decidedly "Raf" but as you said it's not worth that extortionate price...

/DCB.

Thomas said...

The price is silly, but bookbags are not. All hail the bookbag.

Anonymous said...

loving the backpack...

Style Salvage Steve said...

The New look - There should be a place for bookbags (as you call them) alongside messenger bags in your pile of accessories. It is however much easier to find a cool messenger bag, Raf and Eastpak have created a rare but far too expensive thing!
J - Expedition gear would be wasted on me. The farthest I ever go is to see EJ in Manchester.
DCB - I was blessed with a nice uniform. Even the school tie was a nice colour combo of green with three yellow stipes.
Thomas - I agree! Long live the bookbag.
Andrea - Yes, it is a backpack!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails