Tuesday 24 June 2008

I'm youth, I'm joy

I'm smitten with shoes again! These ones are so lovely that I had to post two pictures. Just the right side of Peter Pan, just the right amount of Hermes (the winged messenger god, not the brand), they are edgy without being too far removed from a classic shoe. I think that they'd also look fantastic, as here, worn with those rolled up trouser legs that everyone seems to be sporting after seeing it on the catwalks (I suppose it's a very cheap way to update a look!). Not to mention that the leather looks so ridiculously soft and lovely. I'm not, as I've said before, the biggest fan of hi-tops, but I think these 'mid booties' are brill. Now if only I had $220 lying around... (available here from Oak)


EDIT: I felt I might as well put the meme Thomas tagged us for here.

For it I had to:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences. (I'm skipping step 5... I don't know 5 people)

So you lucky people get something from Philip Larkin's Collected Poetry as it's sat by my computer for some reason. I'm doing lines rather than sentences too, because I'm rebellious like that.

"In foaming gulps until it smothers

Everything else up to the edge,

I lift the glass in private pledge"

I'm not sure this works as well with poetry. I suppose it is a bit of a cliffhanger though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are nice.. part bootie, part sneak... excellent find@

Elizabeth said...

I'd be smitten too. Those are slick.

Anonymous said...

I *love* those!

LittleDoodles said...

I like that you can make them high tops if you want...who can fault an adjustable shoe?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails