Monday 2 June 2008

Legend passes

One of the industries most talented designers sadly passed away this morning, aged 71. I was well and truly sucked into his world and designs after recently reading 'The Beautiful Fall' (which I highly recommend reading if you have not done so already...if you have re-read it!). He was one of the true masters and despite his passing his vision and influence will most certainly live on and on. He changed the face of the fashion industry when he became chief designer of the House of Dior at the age of 21 and his shows continued to amaze and push fashion forward throughout his career.

On a menswear note I loved his personal style..those glasses, the way he combined textures and patterns but unfortunately there just aren't enough images of him. I will continue my search and will do a follow up post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails