Sunday 15 June 2008

A magpie's loot - Silver Hi Tops


I've been on the lookout for another pair of (relatively affordable - I can't quite get away with Raf Simons and Lanvin right now) hi tops for some time now. I have far too many pairs of shoes - I have become a collector without even realising it. I seem to find it impossible to walk past shoe displays and racks of white shirts whenever I go shopping; I think I need therapy. I saw these silver hit tops on the bstore site for some time but it wasn't until I saw them up close that I really wanted (needed) them not to mention that they were a steal at £89. EJ posted about silver trainers in her Spring time post and I think there is an inner magpie in us both, how about you? I recently read Lucas Ossendrijver's style tips on men.style (as pointed out by Brandish) and like most have fallen in love with the look of Lanvin. A pair of hi tops can look great either worn with jeans or with suit trousers...I am looking for nonchalent style.

The hi tops from bstore worn with APC jeans, striped t shirt from American Apparel and People's Market DJ.

My inner shoe collector is already on to the next pair of hi tops... these Lanvin's are breathtaking... I might just have to raid the piggy bank. You can't have too many pairs of shoes... can you?

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely love those on you. You're always so understated, and these give your look a perfect punctuated push. Just enough zing.

TheSundayBest said...

White shirts and shoes...is there any thing else? Good versions of both are essential.

Anonymous said...

Most definitely not! Whoever invented that 'Less is more' idiom obviously wasn't aware of the existence of shoes...

/DCB.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Good to have you back DCB. I hope everything went well!

Anonymous said...

i like these waaaay more than the Lanvin's or the Raf Simons =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails