Thursday 31 July 2008

Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls

Oh I was quite the Blur fan as a youth. Marjan Pejoski is known for pushing gender boundaries in his collections and this collection is no different, however I've not been too drawn to the pieces until now. These looks are inspiring and most importantly wearable. Susie recently posted about this collection but I wanted to talk again about the menswear on offer. Yes the collection is pretty androgynous but I don't want to be sharing any of these pieces with her!


The AW/08 collection is something for guys and girls to swap, interchange and mix up in textures and shapes...

The beauty is (as always with good menswear) all in the cut and the drape. With a simple monochrome palette (although my favourite piece is the pistachio jacket), Pejoski is pushing menswear in ways other than colour. He is not afraid to play with the female silhouette, reforming it for the male, at times with spectacular results, at others interesting. Although it is stifling hot in London at the moment, I have to admit I am thinking about my next winter coat and Pejoski's outerwear is inspiring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also like the Pistachio jacket. I'd be dreaming of that jacket for the next few days. I like the "deets" and the construction of it...

The interchanging of clothes between the guys and the girls remind me of someone who really does it so well, Patti Smith.

TheSundayBest said...

The middle jacket is possible, but that last jacket would be hard to pull off without looking like a superhero named Paladin.

Sharon said...

I heartily appreciate the Blur reference in the title of this post. Why it feels like yesterday that I was hopping around my room to Parklife.

j said...

I'm all for androgynous clothes, mainly because I don't like being boxed in to certain colors or styles because if I stray my manhood is challenged. But these clothes look good partly because they are on an androgynous body. My shoulders are broader than my hips. I would like to see the clothes on a more typical male body.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails