Saturday 5 July 2008

You'll be my Brazilian boy

Why does Fabrizio Rollo suddenly seem to be everywhere I look? It could be because I have been compulsively typing 'Fabrizio Rollo' into google, but I'm not sure. Whatever the reason is, there's no doubt that he's quite compelling to look at. From what I can work out he is a fashion editor at Brazilian Men's Vogue... and it also seem that the Sart is quite taken with him, as most of the pictures in this post are his.
And honestly, I'm a bit obsessed. While I'm not necessarily besotted with all of his outfits- or even elements within particular get ups- the details are just brilliant. His way with textures is especially interesting and there's just this care and freshness and personality that is missing from so many supposedly stylish men.
I know that a lot of people didn't like the laces tied around his ankles in the picture above (I can't say that I do either really) but I love love LOVE his shirt (Steve, please note that he is wearing a vest underneath his shirt to avoid any nipple displays). The scarf (or is it a foulard?) adds just the right amount of interest.




I really like the mixture of texture and patterns in this outfit... and I haven't even mentioned that wonderful beard yet...

(Picture 1 courtesy of Branded Male, pictures 2 and 3 courtesy of the Sartorialist and picture 4 from Chic in Paris)

5 comments:

TheSundayBest said...

He is a hero.

Anonymous said...

i should have been here ages ago. what a great blog. and i am a fan Fabrizio Rollo, absolutely. ever since i saw him in the laces tied around the ankle shot.

retropian said...

He's an inspiration. No wonder the Sart is so taken with him. I particularly like how he seems to mix vintage with the current.

peterpan said...

I met him a few nights ago in a club funnily enough and I must say having thought he looked handsome in his pictures was very let down in the flesh - he did seem very self obsessed too and a very camp.

That said - he does dress well

loulou said...

I agree - I thought he looked very nice and had a crush on him based on the photos I saw but I too met him and the person above was right - VERY camp, over the top, fashiony and extremely self obsessed. A little part of my died

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails