Sunday 27 July 2008

Wishing for my Summer Holiday...whilst going back to work

Back to School with Head Porter


It is unbearably hot in London (for me anyway) at the moment and to make matters worse the body clock of the child in me is going crazy...I should not be dreading the fact that tomorrow morning I have to get on a cramped, smelly, disgusting tube and commute into work. Tomorrow should be the start of my six week summer holiday, the beginning of many an adventure...in the park, on the beach...to far off distant lands (like Bournemouth)...but no, instead I have to come to terms with being a grown man and off to work I must go. To make my life a little more like how I yearn for it to be I might just have to experiment with the whole 'back to school' drive. The new Head Porter "Lesson" collection has arrived in the Honeyee Store, consisting of bags, backpacks, pouches and all things school related such as pen cases and folders, this would certainly make my work desk more appealing...now all I need to do is find my beloved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lunchbox.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, it's good to hear that it isn't raining in London. too bad you couldn't hit the beach... anyway, those are cute bags. ;)

Anonymous said...

Doooon't - I want to be ten again and have that holiday feeling. I used to love the 'Back to School' new stationary section in Smiths. Shiny new protractors.....

TheSundayBest said...

I bought a Head Porter catalogue just to torture myself. I buy Japanese fashion magazines for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

It's always hard to deal with things that you dread. Perhaps that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle lunchbox will fix things in the workplace!

Matthew Spade said...

ive just got back from my short london break, wednesday to friday and it was soooo hot it was untrue, the tube was quite the sweat-fest. you will be glad to hear we had afternoon tea at libertys! worth every penny. got some great stuff too.

ahh yes, i had one of those small metal pencil boxes with the turtles on, and i still have in now in my room. this stuff looks pretty slick too

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails