Tuesday 24 March 2009

Magazines in the spotlight: Another Man

These past few weeks we have been well and truly treated by many great publications which I've duly feasted on and my magazine gluttony continued today with a digital flick through of Another Man. Blindman's Circus (welcome back to the blogging fold, we missed you) beat me to the punch when it came to revealing the news that the latest issue is available online. So, if you've not done so already I suggest you go take a look because it is a strong issue. Ian accompanied the post with the wonderful images from Hedi and Mackie's editorial. I have to be honest with you, I was in a state of ennui by the seemingly endless influx of Hedi's black and white photography but this collaboration with Alister Mackie is really something...but the magazine offers so much more than Hedi...

I love the Lightweight Coats spread in the Style Guide because it showcases looks spookily similar to ones which I've been formulating in my own warped mind. As April Showers are merely a few days away, I've been consumed in the hunt for stylish ways to keep dry. Of course some of the best looks featured in the spread are those from Burberry Prorsum but there are plenty of pieces from a well chosen selection of designers which left me salvitating....I am particularly taken with the woven brogues by Fendi (as featured in the two main images).

These two images above and below showcase a selection of pages from my favourite editorial in this issue. The looks are accompanied by oil paintings by Christian Schoeler which work with and compliment the romantic, slightly damaged aesthetic of the shoot. Here Schoeler and Mackie (again) work together and the boundaries of art and fashion melt away and we are left with something quite remarkable. My art historian blogging partner will no doubt see the atmospheric influences of Manet and Valesquez.

When will my magazine feasting end? Is there such a thing as journalism induced obesity? I think I need to lie down because I've overdosed on glossy pages and aspirational imagery...until the next publication then...

4 comments:

Ian Brown said...

Thanks for the warm welcome back to the interweb bro. I first ran across AnOther Man in a boutique barbershop on the lower east side. I was shocked by the content more than the editorials at the time but they're really upped their game recently and I'm excited for what's to come.

Anonymous said...

It is great to see Schoeler's art alongside the fashion shots, makes for an interesting editorial.

Anonymous said...

I guess Schoeler and Mackie are an amazing couple. it´s my favourite editorial as well!

whats-he-wearing.com said...

thanks for the magazine link, been trying to find it for ages! and i bought a hard copy too!

delicious issue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails