Friday 13 March 2009

Picture Postcard: Denim all the way


Dear Steve,

Just a quick message from me today as, once again, I'm running late. I remember not so long ago a couple of our readers naysaying denim and, in particular, denim jackets so I though I'd expose them to that wonder of fashion: the all denim outfit.

Bret and Jemaine of Flight of the Conchords quite regularly pull off some unorthodox outfits (hair helmet, anyone?) but head to toe denim in especially Jemaine-ish. So what do you think, something you're up to copying?

EJ
x

Just two months ago I posted that 2009 is the year for denim. A number of Spring Summer 09 look books combined with a well written and image sourced piece within that months issue of BUCK made me see look at denim in a different way. I'm still unsure if I would wear an all denim ensemble but I'm certainly interested in wearing denim in another way. Aside from jeans, it is a fabric I just don't wear but this will soon change because I bought a denim tunic shirt from bstore whilst shopping with a hobbling Susie (a true fashion victim) and I will be wearing it tomorrow (images to follow). Now I just can't stop thinking about hair helmets...

6 comments:

Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri said...

I sense that this particular trend is being resurrected.
I'll try this look definitely, as I just bought a denim shirt from Topman on sale. I want to pair it with a skinny acid-wash denim jacket. Anybody knows which store sells them?

Syed said...

I would actually be quite open to trying this. I have a nicely faded raw denim jacket, some raw jeans that I have to a light wash stage :)

A. Buckel said...

Alas, Kanye beat you to it.

http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/2009/03/12/IMG_1545_2.JPG

(Sorry for the crappy picture quality. I couldn't find a better one.)

TheSundayBest said...

Kanye was rocking that look while he performed on American Idol.

Sharon said...

My dear Thomas wore an all-denim outfit one day in law school. I can't say it was my favorite. Luckily, he didn't listen to me entirely and recently pulled it out of a box. It's revival may come with warmer weather.

Matthew Spade said...

ive been on doubles denims for ages now, as i know your both aware of this at SS. this subject seems to be cropping up alot doesnt it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails