Friday 6 March 2009

Quick Inspiration: Papier Bags

This is just a quick post because I'm tired and weary after a hard week but I just had to share these with you. I stumbled across these Papier Bags by Sakia Diez made from Tyvek® over on today and tomorrow and just had to share them with you. The material is a synthetic paper made from PE which is extremely tearproof, lightweight, waterproof and recyclable. Like most bags, they become little more special after some wear and tear...I wouldn't treat them too roughly though. I just wish that next time I visit Tesco they offer me a 'bag for life' which looks as good as this.

Whilst we are in the midst of this economic downturn it is things like this which inspire me to try my hand at some craft. I might not be able to turn out one of these anytime soon but it will at least inspire me to replace a few buttons on an old jacket which will breathe fresh life into it.

6 comments:

TheSundayBest said...

A most worthy endeavour sir.

John said...

Tyvek is interesting stuff. I was making a bag out of it until my supplier sold all their stock and refused to re-stock. You can sew it, so it is interesting that they chose to glue it together. Cloth House (Berwick St.) sells Tyvek if you fancy having a go yourself, although last time I checked it was all quite thin (it comes in many different weights and thicknesses)

abba sillar said...

wonderful

Anonymous said...

Tyvek is a wonderful fabric. We sold a jacket last season made from it and one of our labels uses it for their packaging.

Then I was reliably informed that it is also the fabric that body bags are made from...

Style Salvage Steve said...

The Sunday Best: it certainly is. All about a little craft at the weekend.
John: Thanks, I've not knowingly come across it but will have a look.
abba sillar: Thanks for commenting, it really is.
Daniel Jenkins: Wikipedia is inconclusive. If it were true it wouldn't put me off it though.

Anonymous said...

Simply awesome! An ingenious idea to promote such a noble cause. I hope more would learn of this and come forth with the same cause. Great share, thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails