Thursday 26 March 2009

Picture Postcard: Season Jumping


Image fron Fiber & Fellow's AW09 lookbook, modelled by Thom Gastelum and shot by Alan Gastelum. Thanks Dapperkid.

Dearest EJ

I am always left in a confused and over stimulated sartorial state because of the fashion season cycle. We have now entered the season of the autumn/winter look book just as we get excited about the prospect of dressing for Spring and my sartorial thoughts are already wooed by images for the following season. In reality I couldn't be happier in waving goodbye to the short days, the cold and the rain and dressing accordingly but when I'm presented with images as beautiful as the one above, I'm left in no man's land. Do you recall the trailers for that truly bad Hayden 'I can't act' Christensen film Jumper... I kind of feel like that and I'm jumping through seasons. Out of a large pile of AW09 look none have had such an impact on me as the above image taken from Fiber & Fellow's AW09 look book. The label have continued their modern take on classic tailoring and Americana and set it in the great outdoors. The whole collection which mixes streetstyle and preppy looks expertly is complimented by the photography and the setting. Now, even though a large part of me longs for the sunshine a significant chunk of me longs for crisp leaves and a chill in the air... part of me wants to go to the beach at the height of summer and the rest of me wants to explore the great outdoors during September with a full beard. All of this is not helped that I will be going to both Carola Euler's and Omar Kashoura's private buying evenings this week where I'll be able to order pieces from their AW09 collection but won't be able to get my hands on them until September... I don't know if I am coming or going anymore.

Who knows what I will wear tomorrow...

Steve

Hola Steve!

I hear you man, though at the moment it feels like we're getting at least three seasons in the space of an hour. I thought that it was time to get out a whole different collection of clothes, but it looks like my winter coats are still required. Still, as I've been saying to you all week... patience!

EJ

p.s. that beard looks like one the boyf grew when on his archaeological dig. This model has much better hair though.

10 comments:

TheSundayBest said...

I really want a beard. And then I want the entire A.P.C. Spring collection.

John said...

I will second that. Although I unfotunately have a beard of sorts. Just as it is getting long enough to look reasonable, it gets insanely itchy, and I have to shave it off.

Ps. I believe the film you were referring to was called

JMPR

(he was jumping so fast he dropped all his vowels)

Matthew Spade said...

beards don't work for me, but im the same as TSB, i want the whole A.P.C collection, especially the navy bomber jacket, nautical jacket and the stripy jumpers

Matthew Spade said...

oh and steve, i really want some of the OC collection at uniqlo now, you mentioned the sizes were quite small, what size did you get? im usually a small in there

Style Salvage Steve said...

Thesundaybest, John: I share your APC and beard love. We should start a group or something...
Mat Ahoy - I'm sure medium will be absolutely fine for you. We've even had comments from people who normally take a small and have bought a large.

Matthew Spade said...

thats crazy! im going for it then

Syed said...

I am always felt a tad cheated by the real world time lag when compared to fashion. Everytime spring comes, I see the autumnal lookbooks and just want to go hiking in brown and red forests. Ahh but I am excited by the warmer weather...and I am tempted to, against all reasoning, grow my hair and a well groomed beard over summer.

Unknown said...

Cool outfift and style!!

Matt Fox said...

Amazing!

Anonymous said...

He is well fit. Cant wait to see the Shannon and Rose pieces when they drop!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails