Sunday 20 December 2009

Picture Postcard: Merry Christmas

After staggering back a somewhat broken man from the hell on earth that is Central London on the last weekend before Christmas my spirits were lifted when I visited my post hole. I had a day of mixed success as I partook in a spot of crazed, last minute shopping but thoughts of present opportunities missed were surpassed with a warm feeling inside when I opened a Christmas card from the good people of Norton & Sons. The festive greetings card is so nice I just had to take a shot the tailored scene proudly sitting in front of my gigantic Christmas tree...

The photograph by Guy Hills of Norton & Sons at the British Embassy Paris.

Over the course of the year I have discovered two historic tailors both of which fall under the fine stewardship of the charming Patrick Grant. Norton & Sons cut simple classically proportioned clothes in the finest British cloths. It is worth noting that unlike most on Savile Row every single garment that bears its name is painstakingly hand cut and hand sewn by the best tailors in London. We excitedly covered the resurrection of E. Tautz back in February as the sporting and military outfitters took its place in the extended MAN afternoon. Since its relaunch E. Tautz has deservedly gone from strength-to-strength (as mentioned in previous posts) and SS10 saw the launch of its second ready to wear collection which was accompanied by a marvellous short film by Quentin Jones. The label offers simple tailoring with a little something extra, a bit of pomp, colour, a sense of humour and a sense of eccentric Englishness. 2009 has undoubtedly been a fine year for both firms. I'm so pleased to have discovered them and look forward to what 2010 will bring.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

prechristmas = hell on earth everywhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails