Thursday 22 January 2009

A judging eye on Milan

Fantastic Man's very own Gert Jonkers wearing his stars and stripes outside the Ermenegildo Zegna show.

Seeing as the last post was a long rant of a post, I thought I'd offer something a little lighter. As I try and arrange an agreeable time with Thom for our Milan discussion, I am still refraining from posting about the shows themselves (although that makes it sound like they were really exciting when you all know that they weren't!) so instead I will continue to comment on the street style. I have searched the net for the best street style shots of the events in Milan but the Sartorialist's blog on men.style still offers the best by far (if you've come across anything of note, please do let me know).

These two chaps above are two of my favourites.

As I cast my judging eye over the happenings over in Milan I would like to award Ermenegildo Zegna as attracting best dressed crowd. The show itself had far too much camel for my tastes (I guess it made a nice change from all that grey) but the crowd were far better dressed. Apparently, this tailored clothing powerhouse wants to be known as more than just a maker of luxury textiles and banker suits and it certainly attracts a different crowd. Well done Ermenegildo.

5 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

i've only really just stated to take notice of the sat's stuff for style, and i have to say its pretty darn good. can't say i can recommend another solely mens street site though. thats hard to come by.

im well into that american flag scarf.

il be visiting london again in a few week, going to see the hussain chalayan exhibition at the design museum

Kira Aderne said...

Interesting men :)

Make Do Style said...

I always think it is a shame the recession has come now when men's fashion was going up a gear again and yes Milan looked liked no risk today folks.
It is sort of a shame or a mark of genius that the Satorialist does it best - his selection is great.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Matt Ahoy: Mr Jonkers certainly knows how to work his accessories! My only gripe with the sart on men.style is that the images are so small! I wish jak&jill covered the menswear shows!
Kira: ha, they certainly are interesting!
Make do style: Thankfully, the Paris shows are offering something different, there is some hope!

Anonymous said...

that scarf is amazing. reminds me of this dress i saw yesterday that was made out of a torn american flag.

totally illegal (in the states) but priceless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails