Monday 26 January 2009

Picture Postcard: I want my own entourage


Dearest Eliza

When can I have my own entourage like Mr West? I came across this image on the simply wonderful every day is fashion week blog that is Jak & Jill. I doubt that my entourage would look quite like this but nevertheless I want one. As my birthday is coming up, maybe you could rustle me up a dandy butch of gents to follow me around and do my bidding however I see fit...

Speaking of Kanye, after my headache (induced by catching up on all of the shows that I missed) subsided I ventured on to Kanye's blog and was confronted with this strange video of the newly titled Martin Louis The King Jnr talking from his hotel room in Paris....strange viewing indeed.

I wait for the assembly of my entourage...

Thanks

Steve

Hey Steve!

And here was me thinking that you were scared of clowns... Ok, so that's a little mean. I have been bemoaning the lack of colour on the catwalks so this is definitely a breath of fresh air... but ever so slightly overwhelming when all viewed together.

Taken individually, I generally like what each of them is wearing (with the exception of the chap in the green jacket... does... not... compute...) and it is fantastic to see men having such fun with their clothing and not being afraid to wear bright primary colours. I'm seriously considering yellow trainers now, not that I need an excuse to buy more trainers.

Not sure why they're carrying round their luggage though. I would've thought that they'd have valets to do that sort of thing for them...

EJ

P.S. I'll begin assembling your entourage when I'm down in London in a couple of weeks. Applications to the usual email address please...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Berkley Magazine said...

That's one crazy entourage and it seems like they changed clothes everyday too. Very bold circus, Can't say that I'm not jealous.

Selectism-Jason said...

"arrogant baboon face" - Racism is so 2008. He's just one person, how can he spoil a whole event?

Surely you must have a group of well dressed friends Steve? If you do then all you need to is stand in the middle when a picture is taken and an entourage is born.

Anonymous said...

Steve, I'll join your little entourage...

As for Kanye's blog it kept me entertained whilst in Paris.

Has any other male celebrity done as much to push slightly left of centre menswear into the mainstream?

The number of guys who now are well versed in Junya, Visvim, Lanvin etc has increased tenfold.

Matthew Spade said...

i'm in!

Style Salvage Steve said...

anonymous: That is just offensive, ignorant and down right silly...there is no place for that here!
iluwfashion: They have an enviable clothing budget!
Selectism Jason: Well said, in terms of my male friends the answer is no! My entourage needs to be awesome!
Daniel Jenkins: I'm with you on this, Kanye has certainly got more people talking about men's fashion and has spread the good word on a number of great brands. Welcome aboard to you and matt!

TheSundayBest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheSundayBest said...

Racism is just focused hate, and people love to hate.

Their luggage = awesome.

[This message approved by the insane grammar police.]

Ca said...

Aren't you demanding, Steve? Only awesome and stylish people in your entourage? Haha, I want to join as well!

Simon said...

Let me in on that entourage! Though perhaps I'll stear clear of being the guy modelling green and leopard spots. Not quite my cup of tea!

Make Do Style said...

I just love the complete nochelent air of them all and the colours look fab. Kanye is just so good at being and doing what he wants. I love his creative style and thankfully I missed the idiot comments.

Anonymous said...

oh im in as well! :) and i speak 4 different lingos! very international indeed! :)

IAMTHEANGELNEGRO said...

beautyfull blog
amazing photos

des braisers!!
:)

LJ said...

I quite admire their sense of style here actually! The guy in green..his hat may be a bit much, but all in all they look class in my opinion.

xx-LJ from SOS!

Ian Brown said...

Kanye blah blah blah overrated blah blah friends look silly etc etc.

My obligatory complaint aside their luggage is sick, off the charts, and also a bit amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails