Friday 2 October 2009

Picture Postcard: The look of the season

Despite the warm sunshine forcing me to squint slightly as I type this and question what my calendar is showing me, we have indeed entered the month of October. It is one of my favourite months of the year. I like nothing more than wrapping up in warm knits to explore Hampstead Heath, kicking a few leaves as I go and chasing a few squirrels if the kid in me escapes and when it all gets too cold for me, escape to the nearest pub for a pint or two by the fire. During October, we are treated to a feast of colours. The recent look from the new look Fantastic Man website demonstrates that, although numerous they can all be worn at once, creating a marvellous harvest festival of an outfit. I can't decide what it makes me want to do more, sing kumbayah or just to throw myself in a big pile of crispy fallen leaves...at the moment I think it is the latter...


The more I look at this outfit the more I see, it really is a feast for the senses. Mr. Oliver Evans (can anyone tell me who he is, google is failing me) is wearing a mustard jumper by Dries Van Noten, an olive shirt by Lanvin and a grey cardigan by Comme des Garcons. Around his neck are a patchwork jumper by Comme des Garcons and a green scarf by Lanvin which combine wonderfully. His plum trousers are by Dries Van Noten and around his waist is an olive jacket by Lanvin. The look is finished off with plum socks from Falke and breathtaking oxblood brogues from Hermes. During October, the rich colours of autumn really come into play and should be celebrated. I thought I did until I came across this ensemble, I will certainly try and create my own harvest festival of a look for the weekend.

5 comments:

J said...

I'm afraid I agree with EJ, the colors are lovely but he does remind me of a tramp.

Barima said...

I'm certain no one will argue with the colours, myself included, but I'm not sure "Layering on Crack" is to be recommended for the season

Anchoring the layers to a cardigan or v-neck (the Lanvin olive jacket works well, however) would make for a more sensible, but no less compelling, effect

Have a good weekend, mate

Style Salvage Steve said...

J: Ha! you aren't supposed to encourage her...
Barima: Looks like I'm in the minority here but you've picked out some real highlights. However, I really like the combination of the CdG patchwork jumper and green Lanvin scarf around his neck. I'll certainly give 'Layering on crack' a try as soon as London cools down a bit and I'll gladly accept any loose change thrown my way.

Matt said...

Your autumn, my fall is one of the best times to dress. The whole ensemble here really works, love the layers and colors

Anonymous said...

he is a supermodel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails