Friday 16 October 2009

(S)mitten

Hitch hiking my way to winter...

Whilst the mercury has been falling in recent days to create an overall feeling of discontent, I have turned to knitted accessories to keep myself warm, toasty and happy. One accessory in particular has brought huge comfort to me whilst making me feel like a wee child again. I ordered my Carolyn Massey mittens back in March along with my knited jumper and an accompanying scarf to complete a warming, winter look brought to me by one of my favourite designers. I have previously mentioned how much I loved Massey's AW09 knitwear and I followed through with it by getting out my wallet. Carolyn and her knitwear consultant Lynn created so many covetable pieces and I had to sit on my hands at one point to refrain from buying everything. As you can imagine though, having ordered my knitted accessories so early I was waiting impatiently for the weather to cool. Whilst most people were wishing for the hot sun to prolong its stay I was almost, sick of the sight of it and I longed for the sight of people scraping off ice from their car windows each morning. We might not have reached that level of chill factor just yet but the temperature has dropped enough so I can finally, reasonably wear my mittens and what mittens they are too! The contrast flecked wool pattern and textured knitted design and string detailing make them the finest knit a boy of twenty five could possibly own.

As snug as a bug, in a rug by a wood fire. Carolyn Massey for Topman navy scarf coat, scarf from COS and green corduroy shirt from Uniqlo.

My current state of cosines is secured right from my little toes which are protected by a different pair of Autumn friendly colourful socks from Uniqlo and up through to my neck which currently has double the protection, afforded by my Carolyn Massey for Topman navy scarf coat and a scarf from COS in burnt mustard yellow. The real highlights for me though are my mittens. For any doubters out there, of course a grown up child of twenty five can wear mittens...they are both practical and fun! Whilst I am crammed on to a hot, stuffy, depressed and compressed tube all I have to do is look at my new mittens and a wry smile forms on my face and the domino effect spreads the cheekiness around the carriage. I am smitten with my Massey mittens...I've just seen that if you want to be (s)mittened up then you can thanks to ASOS who have a nice collection of Carolyn Massey garb and accesosories available online.

8 comments:

EJ said...

Monsieur, with zis colour combination you are really spoiling us.


(though 'burnt mustard yellow' is a tad OTT as a description for my tastes)

Style Salvage Steve said...

Haha! Wait for the weekend...I will blow your mind...

I am terrible at identifying colours and agree that the name I christened the scarf is a tad OTT..what would you suggest?

EJ said...

I think 'mustard yellow' would suffice. Or just 'mustard'. Or 'yellow'.

Are you dressing the rainbow at the weekend?

Amy said...

These must be brrrrrilliant for the cold days and nights.

Snappylifestyle said...

Digging it. We should link up.
xsnappy
http://snappylifestyle.blogspot.com/

J said...

Jealous! These look great but I can't stump up the money needed for this pair of mittens. They are lovely tho

j said...

I wear fingerless gloves all the time. Its one of the few DIY projects I can do!

Anonymous said...

It never gets cold in Singapore! Can never play with the mittens. :[

That said, the ensemble is charmingly done...

:]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails