Sunday 20 June 2010

Shooting Men at Pitti

I have long admired the snapshots of style that Tommy Ton captures for his own site Jak & Jil and those for GQ. His images are at times breathtaking and frequently more inspiring than the happenings of any catwalk. However, I have rarely been afforded the opportunity to observe Tommy's eye in action. Pitti Immagine allowed such a chance. When taking a breather from our intensive exhibition hunting we often found Tommy in his well placed observation seat aiming his camera at the details of the dapper. I was amazed at how focused he is in work mode and loved watching him in action. His roving eye scans and focuses on suspects akin to the likes of Robocop and the Terminator (thankfully no subjects were harmed during this shooting.) Despite a good number of distractions and the constant threat of a torrential downpour, Tommy would zoom in on a contrasting cuff, tailoring quirk, novel print combination and sartorial scenes from one hundred paces. This season his numerous snapshots will provide a great deal on inspiration for you. Below are a few of my favourites...

This colourful fellow is the quintessential Pitti gentleman. I love how he has carefully selected a matching female companion.

This season, my favourite ensembles showcased the double breasted suit in all of its varied forms. This one is truly special.

The more I look at it this shot, the more I like and want to emulate.

This shot of tailoring and technology teamed up was one of Tommy's personal favourites.

Now this is a masculine clutch bag.

These legs and shoes look familiar...

Sam (as informed by the Sartorialist) was consistently one of the best dressed men at Pitti.

The art of clashing. Plaid and various stripes combine wonderfully.

We have long declared that the real beauty of menswear is in the details and will never tire of taking the time to celebrate the finer details of men's style, thanks to Tommy Ton we can.

7 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

i'm loving his coverage at GQ, pretty inspiring stuff, so much to look at(and drool at the combinations). was going to do a post on it soon myself

Style Salvage Steve said...

Mat: I had fully intended to take my own style snapshots at Pitti but with Tommy in such a rich vein of form, I could not see the point! My eye just cannot compete with his.

KC said...

i'm starting to believe that a keen eye on details is a talent.

http://nouveauskin.blogspot.com

Kate Rose said...

aah, the gentleman in the first photo is so delightful, I love the combination of muted elements with the polka dots, and rainbow glasses especially

oensh said...

love tommy ton, great photographer, love the shot..

hey guys: check out my new blog:
iheartoensh.blogspot.com

thanks guys and
stylesalvage.com
lots of love and support..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Stealing The Sartorialist's crown I see...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails