Monday 17 December 2007

Topman lens focuses on Australian designers

I am quite late in reporting this bit of news, mainstream magazine wrote about this last Friday but I wanted to say a few more words on the subject. Elliot focused his attention on Material Boy but I am more excited about seeing Mjolk's designs.
Directional designers Lars Stoten, Danmarks DesignSkole graduate, and ex-Central St Martins College of Art and Design, John Clarke, combine to design and produce Mjolk. Founded in southern Sweden in 2003 and transplanted to Australia, the label dares Australian men and women to take a risk with their dressing.

I love the red shoes against the grey suit. I am not too sure what my office would say if I walked into work wearing shoes that red but then again I don't think I care...

Refreshing and fun, yet still dedicated to attention to quality construction, detailing and fabrics. Mjolk is known for its masterfully crafted men’s suiting, with slim silhouettes and rock and roll edge in bright colours like purple, yellow, apple green and fireengine red. They also produce beautifully finished stovepipe indigo jeans, skinny fit blazers and primary coloured striped shirting and tees.

Material Boy:

Mic Eaton, an ex-pro surfer, launched the label in 2003 in Perth but now divides his time between Melbourne and Indonesia. This label pushes menswear out of its comfort zone and those inside and outside the fashion industry continue to admire the label’s originality. Their breakout season in AW06 - ‘Honey I shrunk the Boy’ was where the now famous exaggerated silhouettes and bold colours first grabbed the attention of the Australian fashion scene. Their next s/s collection is titled 'Celebration of your inner gay'.

Invisible motorbike

I am always excited by new Lens collections (it is such a great idea!) and the next one should not disappoint. I will ensure that I allocate some of my clothes budget to the release of the next batch of Lens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mjolk grey suit & coat- stunning! can we buy in london?

Anonymous said...

*unmistakable sigh of joy*

That 100 euro Topman voucher I happened upon this morning will come in v. handy!

Merry Christmas!

DCB.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails