Friday 11 April 2008

Yvan beware!

Last night I attended the launch party for the Diesel Wall 2008 competition. It's an interesting idea so I'm quite excited to see what they'll come up with... Oh, and details of how to enter are here. May I recommend that you paint a giant portrait of me?

It seemed to be more party than launch (though there were loads of people drawing on the walls of the shop which was pretty cool... I had to stop myself pulling out the felt tip pens when I got home), which gave ample opportunity for me to get a few pics of the (disgustingly) young and trendy people. I felt hideously old and uncool in comparison; must watch more Skins. I should warn you though, I've still not got the hang of my camera yet.

I fell for this chap's boots (Diesel from a few season ago apparently), but didn't quite manage to get a good shot of them. You'll have to trust me on this one.
I think this bloke may have been my favourite person there. He was busy drawing on the wall when I asked to take his photo, fervently expressing my love for his quiff. He had some quite excellent glasses (as did quite a few people, actually. Almost enough to make me consider wearing glasses again)
Just brilliant. I think I scared him a little though. UPDATE: This man's work can be found on his Flickr page here. Turns out I have taken pictures of his work before. It's a small, er, Manchester after all.
I had to get a snap of this bloke (who was lovely by the way) as not only is he rocking the slightly unbuttoned white shirt but he's also sporting a rather nice beard. Turns out he was another one of the artists (see below)
This photo does not do this guy's quiff justice. I was stalking around after him for about half the night until I cornered him on the stairs.
Yet more awesome glasses... and can you believe I didn't properly clock the guy on the left's tash until after I took the photo?

If you're interested, the rest of my photos are on Flickr. I completely forgot to ask anyone their name as well, so if you met me last night I apologise for this rudeness!

1 comment:

we could grow up 2gether said...

yea, watch more skins! i love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails