Wednesday 17 October 2012

Autumn Favourites... Will Westall

As mentioned in our recent post on Encens, we have always been fascinated by the idea of uniform. Many of us regularly turn to set clothing each morning for ease, comfort and confidence. With the addition or subtraction of a few layers, our sartorial habits of the everyday can prevail over any seasonal difference. In our latest instalment from the 'Autumn Favourites' series, Other's very own Will Westall tells us how an emergency charity shop buy has become an everyday favourite. Whatever the weather, his Levi's denim jacket adorned with an ever changing array of patches follows the model, stylist, creative web director and all round man about town wherever he treads. Here, against a backdrop of leaves falling under the autumn's spell, he dresses up for the season by wearing his old favourite with an assortment of his in store picks...

----------

"My Autumn favourite is my every day favourite. It's an old Levis denim jacket, nothing particularly special, but it's mine! 

I've had this for years and years. I picked it up for a tenner in a charity shop because it was getting cold and I couldn't be bothered to go home before going to a party. I was already out West and going back to East London because I was cold felt a bit ridiculous, I didn't have my bike and I can't stand public transport... So I suppose I can thank my utter laziness for acquiring what's since become my most treasured item. I wear it every single day of the year. Over a shirt and jumper, a tee or under a coat. If it's not on my back, it's in my bag. Over the years it's been dyed, bleached, and re-dyded which has now actually given it a really nice super soft feel to it and a really deep inky colour. It'll probably stay as it is for at least a few more years, though I imagine the patches will chop and change here and there, They've all come from gigs or tees that have finally fallen to bits. Sadly I'm not one for sewing and they tend to fall off..."

IMG_3186
IMG_3221
IMG_3200
IMG_3202
IMG_3227
IMG_3210
"Full outfit run through...

Shirt - Blue flannel Thomas shirt by OTHER. Just a great cut, blue flannel button down shirt. Job done!

Sweater - Navy Albert sweat by OTHER. This one's turned into a bit of a staff favourite, it gets pretty cold in our studio, so we all end up in the same sweater at the end of the day...

Shoes - OTHER/T&F Slack, I was lucky enough to get my hands on these! Theyre not quite ready yet and still in production, so I was pretty stoked to be able to get my hands on a pair! Thanks Matthew!

Trousers - again I can thank Matthew for these ones! They were some old b Store samples that sadly never went into production, luckily for me, I managed to cop a pair and i cant seem to take them off now..." Will Westall
----------

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great look but that jacket is awesome.

Matthew Spade said...

what a stroke of good fortune, cracking look. always support your local chazza!

nicolemckeexo said...

rad jacket
http://rabbitholesxo.blogspot.co.uk

custom fitted dress shirt said...

Jacket looks cool on you... I liked it a lot

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails