Thursday 2 July 2009

Another one for 'the shoe list...'

The piles of shoes and trainers strewn throughout my flat are a constant reminder (Susie calls them a nuisance) of my fondness of footwear but I have to confess that I've never really considered myself as a shoeist (in the same vein as Mr. Hare or Queen Imelda) but this might soon change. I fear that my fondness might just have developed in to something a little more dangerous as I am beginning to obsess and I've recently drawn up a list of shoes that I simply must own in the next few months. Yesterday morning the list included Mr. Hare's Orwells, a pair of Church's brogues, Pierre Hardy desert boots and Tod's driving shoes. Now, my hand has been forced and I've added Lodger's shoe of the month for July, the Striped Oxford. Inspired by the Duke of Windor (surely one of the best dressed men of all time) it is a interesting blend of fine Scabal striped linen and burnished French calf which makes it a great addition to the shoe pile for the warmer months.

This Clifford Street brand is one that I've often heard good things about but it was not until Omar Kashoura used Lodger for his Aw09 looks that I really took notice. The shoes continued the exploration of relaxed luxury with the highlight pair being these blue suede brogues which were truly something. The folks at Lodger Footwear have an irrational passion for beautiful shoes and they quite remarkably release a new shoe each month. Every shoe is individually made using the latest technology in a factory with more than one hundred years of shoe making experience. It is this mix of continuous design, in combination with cutting edge technology and traditional craftsmanship, which makes this a truly unique shoe company. Following the John Smedley visit, I pondered out loud about launching a series of posts celebrating great British craftsmanship and the more I think about it, the more excited I am! Lodger Footwear are sure to feature...stay tuned...

10 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

well these are so to my taste,you have great taste steve. why can't stop looking at them, they're drawing me in.

sounds like a nice idea about the posts of british craftmanship, would it just be shoes or the whole hog?

i just did i post of my blog about visiting london, your input would be a great help.

Michael K said...

Ah! Those Lodgers... I was supposed to be saving this month.....

whats-he-wearing.com said...

that is one nice shoe! i like!

Style Salvage Steve said...

Mat Ahoy: I have exceedingly good taste, if only I had the funds to match! The British crafstmanship series would cover the whole shebang although I've not quite worked out how it will be just yet.
Michael K: Money is there to spent!
00o00: Hear, hear!

Cassiopeia said...

What immense shoes! :-D Xxxc

fuchsiaboy said...

i like! amazing looking shoe.

Mr Brown said...

shape of the shoe is good.

choice of materials is garish & fadish to the extreme.

Unknown said...

WANT.

As if I needed one more reason to believe that Lodger could be the answer to my strange, strange feet.

Goodbye bank account. It was nice knowing you ...

Syed said...

Love the angle of the stipes across the toe. And the wood/leather sole looks fantastic in profile!

Steve said...

These along with the vintage tennis shoe and the canvas spectator are easily my favourite of the shoes of the month. I need to learn how to save before I can even think about owning a pair.

Stephen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails