Wednesday 8 October 2008

The beginnings of colour in Manchester

Last weekend the Style Salvage twosome were united in EJ's adopted city of Manchester. As you will remember she recently challenged me to experiment with colour in my daily style so I thought I would rummage through my wardrobe and pack some colour in my suitcase. Here are my weekend outfits....

Saturday was a wet and windy day....as I expected Manchester to be. Here is what I wore to keep me warm and dry, with a hint of colour.

The outfit - J Lindenberg Trench worn with COS studded belt, polka dot silk scarf, polka dot polo shirt, purple sweater, navy wool trousers and purple socks all from Uniqlo, b store suede shoes.


The outfit - As above, without the jacket of course. You can also notice that taking inspiration from Fred Astaire, I wore a vintage leather tie as a belt.
Sunday was something of a surprise as it was a beautifully bright day. Here is my outfit shot in classic Next catalogue pose....

The Outfit - Grey knit with blue trim from Folk, red sweater from b store, apc jeans and blue shoes by swear.

This is only the beginning in my exploration into the wonderful world of colour. I am on the hunt for all kinds of colourful accessories and I will post regular updates.

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Next are missing out if they don't hire you!

Red and purple really suit you.

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I thought you were wearing a purple zebra print shirt until I clicked in the image - not that I object - in fact I would have pea green with envy that I didn't have one!

Yes those boots I bought at my works sample sale were a total steal and what's even weirder was that sat thru two sample sales before I found 'em. But that says more about the type of people I worked with!

Anonymous said...

wow, a leather tie as a belt! you'd make fred astaire proud..
:)

Anonymous said...

Loving the trouser rolls. I'm having such trouble this morning with mine they simply don't want to stay put....

Purple is spot on too.

Matthew Spade said...

ohh cool, im liking the studded belt over the coat vibe, very burberry. well the colour challenge is off to a great start. were off for some cocktails tonight so i think i need to wear something colourful too, il try take some photos.

tie as a belt, thumbs up, you don't see that much anymore on smart outfits.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Thanks everyone!

imelda matt - Unfortunately I don't have a purple zebra print shirt, I've never seen one but if I did, who know's, I might just buy it!

Jeninne - I strive to make Fred proud. I can't really see Mr Astaire in a lether belt.

Daniel Jenkins - I can't get enough of the roll ups! The uniqlo ones are seemingly conditioned to behave in their rolled up state.

mat ahoy - I was inspired by thecablog more than Bailey's stylings, that said, I wish I could dress in Burberry! Cocktails demand colour. You don;t have to theme your outfit to your chosen drink but why not compliment it?

Matthew Spade said...

and haha steve! ive just seen a mini interview with you on the topman website, in the blog section! your popping up everywhere

Style Salvage Steve said...

Mat ahoy - What can I say, other than I'm a media whore? Thanks for letting me know about it, I didn't even know it was there! To be honest I recall little other than getting my photo taken with Daniel Jenkins at the MAN show!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

Liking the 3rd outfit best.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

APC has the best cut! Loving the back-ground colours! I just posted 'Colour' theme... Feel free to drop by ok...Hope to hear from you too. Have a fab weekend sweetie!

Unknown said...

I'm definately impressed by how well you wrap your neautrals around your colors without exactly "hiding" them. It looks quite natural -- subtle and confident, way to be! The colors you've selected play with the black nicely. I was considering moving into purple myself, but haven't had much luck in the shops.

Ca said...

Haha, finally more of your outfits. Looking good!

Style Salvage Steve said...

Ca - I just can't compete with the number of outfits shots you post! Plus my everyday outifts are never as interesting as yours! Keep on inspiring me though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails