Wednesday 22 October 2008

Mo' money, mo' research

Good lord, where has the year gone? November is creeping up on us and with it comes Movember. You may remember that I wrote about Movember last year but was a bit slow to catch on.

Not this year however! This year I am doing things properly and I urge you to join me. Sadly I cannot take part myself (damn you woman's body!) but I have persuaded my long suffering boyfriend to do the growing for me. If any of you do decide to take part, please let me know and we can big you up/chart your progress right here. The rules are simple: at the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face. The Movember participants known as Mo Bros then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache and along the way raise as much money and awareness about male health issues as possible. Funds raised by Mo Bros and Sistas in the U.K. will be donated to The Prostate Cancer Charity.

The serious bit: November is an important month for me. The 5th of November is my Grandpa's birthday. The 19th of November was the date he died of Prostate cancer. The more I can do to help raise awareness of the disease and raise money for research to try to cure it, the better, so something like Movember means quite a lot to me. Any of you that will help out by publicising the cause, donating what you can or growing a tash can be certain of my gratitude.

The style bit: So you're growing a tash? Well, for guidance, we wrote a post on the matter here and for inspiration you may wish to consult Hudson's Guide or Mustaches of the 19th century.

This really is a cause we should all get behind. I must admit that I'm not blessed with the best facial hair in the world, it grows randomly and has a ginger tinge to it but I want to take part and hopefully you will as well. TheSundayBest documented the journey he had with his lip companion and it would be great if more of us could do the same and raise both awareness and money at the same time. To inspire one and all, here is an old image from thesartorialist.


4 comments:

TheSundayBest said...

Dear EJ - you know I'm down for Movember.

Peace.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Who else is man enough to join us?

j said...

Cool you guys. I just registered. I think I might try for a "Little Richard" stash.

http://search.msn.com/images/results.aspx?q=Little+Richard&FORM=MSNH&mkt=en-US.

Anonymous said...

I did Movember previously. You can't beat the feeling of walking the city and walking past so many mo bros, it's an exclusive club for sure.

But....I got some backlash my friends, from the ones closest to me. I was branded a dirty pedo so be warned, some might shun you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails