Thursday 28 May 2009

Silver Spoon Attired

I would be hard pushed to find an image that makes me any happier than the above shot. No amount of cute kittens, puppies, or even Cesc Fabregras lifting a trophy and the like could compete to a simply wrapped present (albeit a gift to myself) garnished with tasty and free penny sweets. You may recall that I was riding the wave of pop up store excitement earlier this month and was particularly enamored with the opening of 143. This two week store reacquainted me with Silver Spoon Attire, which is a label I've heard so much about but up until recently never had the chance to examine up close and personal. Over the gloriously sunny weekend we decided to shopping and as we were slightly overcome by the heat we sought shade in this store and it was a good thing we did too, because this was the last weekend that the store was open. It must have been a good two weeks because the shops stock was greatly depleted but I spotted the shirt that caught my attention on the opening night and thankfully it was the last one and in size 'smedium'! I'm so pleased to have finally acquired my first Silver Spoon Attire item. The label is known for providing comfort through using fabrics that are usually reserved for more casual styles and manipulating them to be structured and more tailored and this sits perfectly with my preferred Spring style.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside (on my balcony)...my new purchase worn with rolled up Uniqlo wool trousers and now, slightly battered suede bstore lace ups.

The blue denim chambray button down polo shirt with patchwork paneled pocket fits in nicely in my softly tailored Spring/Summer wardrobe. The latest issue of h(r)r collective (fast becoming one of my favourite online reads) take material interest in chambray and rightfully so. Did you know that it is now most common in shirts but was first designed for sunbonnets in Northern France? The natural soft tone of the fabric is what got me hooked and I can vouch that this button down polo feels damn good to the touch and feels even better on. Whilst wearing it I feel I should be strolling down the promenade with a fast melting 99 in hand, oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

6 comments:

Alex Fiddock said...

love love love!
Do you know anywhere else that stocks silver spoon? Need to get my hands on some methinks :)

Style Salvage Steve said...

Alex Fiddock: I don't think anywhere else stocks them at the moment but I spoke to Damian at the store and big plans are afoot. As I know more I will let you know.

Izzy said...

Softeer fabrics reserved for more casual styles being manipulated to look tailored: I like the way that is going, it's something women have been enjoying for quite some time now while us men are stuck with constricting, stiff fabrics. Though I also enjoy the more "precious" fabrics like silks and chiffons worn casually.

Those suede shoes look better beaten up!

Barima said...

Some interesting looks abound, though I'd wager you picked up the most interesting piece (or rather, the one I'd've worn myself, albeit in a different colour). Good ensemble yourself, S

Chambray is so close to becoming ubiquitous that I'm expecting it to be hailed as "The Runaway Favourite Fabric of 2010"

Anonymous said...

Good looking. Matches your hair somehow. Better/more natural looking than the B-Store shirt from a couple of months ago.

Anonymous said...

Nice purchase, I took a trip to 143 myself the other day and picked up the La Roux Kate Moross T

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails