Tuesday 12 May 2009

Silver Spoon in my mouth this Spring thanks to 143

I first read about Silver Spoon Attire over on Dejour and fell for these relaxed trousers.

Despite feeling sorry for myself and complaining to anyone who would listen to me about the pain I was in, I managed to pop down to the opening of 143 just off Carnaby Street (with the help of my painkillers). The pop up store will only be open for two weeks (the idea of pop up stores interest me greatly so as more open their doors this week a post dedicated to them will follow this week) so I had to push my discomfort to one side and the goodies on offer inside certainly helped take my mind off it. The products on sale are specifically curated with Damian and Avigail of label Silver Spoon Attire along with Kate Moross and offer pieces from the very best of London's creative scene (and beyond...the lego brooches of Dee and Ricky are available in store).

Susie mentioned Silver Spoon Attire to me some time ago now and Dejour raised my interest levels further by sharing the image of their grey jogging bottom-like trousers but I've never had a chance to look at (and feel) their designs up close until now (please do check out how they met because it will bring a nice warm feeling to your Tuesday afternoon). Their Spring Summer 2009 collection is really something. The label is known for providing comfort through using fabrics that are usually reserved for more casual styles and manipulating them to be structured and more tailored. This style mantra fits in nicely with my own Spring style aspirations whilst the garments feel so damn good to the touch that it would be rude not to wear them.

The colour palette used throughout the SS09 collection takes advantage of all of my own spectrum weaknesses so I am sure to make a return trip to 143 but this time leave with a few relaxed tailored pieces. Silver Spoon Attire certainly know how to relieve my wisdom tooth pain...who needs painkillers when you can have a button down denim polo shirt or a college style jacket in goat suede?If you have a chance I'd certainly recommend a visit to 143 over the cours of the next two weeks.

8 comments:

Ms. Match said...

oh love the looks! Wish I could see the shop, too bad i don't live in london any more :( anyway.. just found yor blog and i love it! Would you mine if i link yours to mine? visit mine at http://sashandbluhs.blogspot.com

Berkley Magazine said...

Those are some lovely boat shoes that can add colour to my array of black and brown shoes.

whats-he-wearing.com said...

very interesting, i'm popping by to have a look! i love the shirts!

fred said...

Perfect pants, perfect blog.

JAMES 3.0 said...

YUMMMM

Etrapar said...

grey...could any colour be more beautiful and peaceful then it?

Matthew Spade said...

thoes jogging trousery things are brilliant! i can see why you like them

TheSundayBest said...

Two weeks here, two weeks there. Hey, remember when stores were open so you could actually buy things?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails