Wednesday 8 December 2010

Advent - Day Eight



We have long admired the snapshots of style that Tommy Ton captures for his own site Jak & Jil and those for GQ. Tommy's images are at times breathtaking and frequently more inspiring than the happenings of any catwalk. His roving eye scans and focuses on the details that are often overlooked but are in fact so very important. Tommy can zoom in on a contrasting cuff, tailoring quirk, novel print combination and sartorial scenes from one hundred paces. He undoudtedly has the eye. With this in mind we just had to ask him to reveal the one item he hopes to unwrap this year and he plumped for a beautiful pair of Northampton crafted boots...
__________

TRICKER"S MALTON BROGUE BOOTS



Tricker's Malton Brogue boots with a Commando sole

"For Christmas, I'd love to receive a pair of Tricker's Malton Brogue boots with a Commando sole. It's funny how long I've wanted a pair but yet I haven't had any time while visiting London to go to the Tricker's shop. My time is always occupied by fashion week and rather than ordering a pair online, I'd like to properly get fitted and fully experience the Tricker's experience. Ideally, I'd love to customize a pair but I also really love the Vibram wedge sole on the pairs they collaborate with Present London. Brogue boots are a classic staple in my wardrobe and to receive a pair would be the ultimate Christmas gift."
__________

4 comments:

joy said...

It would be great if there was a female version of this floating around....

Style Salvage Steve said...

joy: A female version of the boots or the advent calendar?

joy said...

haha of the boot. If I could put my money where my mouth was I would say the latter.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Joy: Ha! It's true, females do have it tough when it comes to quality brogues, particularly boots. Sorry! We should petition them to make a range.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails