Sunday 12 December 2010

Advent - Day Twelve


Not many designers would be comfortable designing clothes for the Clash and U2 to Gieves & Hawkes but Joe Casely-Hayford isn't just any designer. Casely-Hayford has always started from a traditional standpoint before subverting it in that English way. With the collaboration with John Lewis going from strength to strength and plans currently afoot with Barney's, Isetan and Comme des Garçons in Japan we will no doubt hearing a lot more from this design legend in 2011.  I cannot wait. But first...what would he like to unwrap on Christmas morning... 

__________

W S FOSTER & SON BROGUES


"I rarely clothes shop, on the occasions I do I tend to prefer something classic which transcends fashion.

Shoes have long been a weakness; I have over the years amassed an embarrassing number of English shoes. My passion remains strong, for Christmas I would be pleased to receive a pair of these rather tasty brogues. They are by W S Foster and Son on Jermyn Street London W.1 and work well in either a formal or casual context."
__________

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Those are gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails